100% Campaign & MNIPL: Spring Policy Opportunities
The 100% Campaign is bringing Minnesotans together who believe we need an equitable clean energy future for everyone in our state. MNIPL is proud to be among dozens of community organizations, unions, and advocacy groups pushing for 100% clean energy in Minnesota. In this 2019 legislative session, we expect more than one 100% clean energy bill will be introduced. Let’s show our legislators that Minnesotans are committed to 100% clean, equitable energy.
1. Sign and distribute petitions in support of climate goals.
Engage your community to sign onto the 100% Campaign petition to let our elected officials know this is a priority for all Minnesotans.
- Sign the interfaith community 100% Campaign online petition and to download a printable PDF for community members to sign, click here.
- Sign the petition to the Minneapolis City Council, urging them to meet climate action goals by adopting stronger efficiency standards for residential buildings.
2. Attend the 100% Campaign’s Lobby Day on February 5th (plus other dates TBA)
WHY: Let our legislators know why we need a pathway to 100% clean energy. Attendees will receive suggested talking points to help guide their conversations.
WHERE: Christ on Capitol Hill, 105 University Ave West, Saint Paul, MN 55103
WHEN: Tuesday, Feb. 5 (stay for the whole day or just a portion)
RSVP: Email [email protected]
8:30 – 11:00 am: Meet with legislators
11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Press conference, all attendees invited to join
12:30 to 3:00 pm: Meet with legislators
3. Host a House Party for your community
Bring the climate conversation to the rest of your congregation and help others engage clean energy policy campaigns. MNIPL will help you put together an informational and interactive session about climate policy and ways we can all make a difference.
4. Participate in our Lobbying 101 Webinar
Do you want to arrange an in-district meeting with your legislator to talk with them about climate priorities? Join us in person or online on Weds, Feb. 20th from 7:30 – 8:30pm to learn more about reaching out to elected officials, featuring Rev. Sarah Campbell of Mayflower UCC, youth & legislators. Stay tuned for RSVP.
5. Meet with your local elected officials
Deepen your impact by sharing your story personally with your state representative, state senator, and other local elected leaders. Gain support in our Lobbying 101 webinar or reach out to our policy team.
We hope to see you soon! With questions, or to get involved, contact Emily Minge at [email protected]