Here's what you can expect to gain from Climate Conversations.
- Participation in a larger campaign through signed postcards to support the proposed landmark EPA carbon regulation rules.
- Training in relational organizing, including skill development for and experience with the power of value-based conversations for effective organizing.
- Support for the development of a strategic plan for climate change organizing in your congregation.
- A group of people in your congregation willing to take action on a project or vision chosen by your planning team.
- A shift in the culture of your congregation regarding the connections between climate change and other work you are committed to.
- Your congregation's Climate Conversation story shared among our MNIPL network.
Get involved! Follow the steps below.
1) You and a few others decide to participate.
2) Click Here to express interest or to apply.
3) We support you as you recruit your core team.
4) We meet with your core team to vision, strategize, and plan a community gathering.
5) MNIPL faciliates a community conversation (goal of 20 or more people) that your core team organizes and helps to convene.
6) Participants in the Community Conversation are asked to have 5 Climate Conversations outside the gathering.
7) Your core team helps MNIPL to collect the data from these conversations.
8) MNIPL will be available for a follow up meeting to support your strategy for the next steps.